How to Fix Shooting Lag Issue in NBA 2k23: The most recent game to join the most popular NBA 2K series, NBA 2K23, have been out for a time but has had its share of problems.
There is shooting lag in NBA 2K23, which several players have lamented. Despite using one of the top gaming PCs, you could still experience latency while playing NBA 2K23.
How to Fix Shooting Lag Issue in NBA 2k23
Most of the effective fixes are shown below if you previously reset your gaming console & your NBA 2K23 Shooting lag problem persists. We urge you to try the bulk of these suggestions to ensure the issue is fixed.
1. Make sure the PC is best for the game’s system requirements.
Before beginning the troubleshooting procedure, one of the very first tasks you need do is make sure your computer satisfies the system requirements. This is significant since it might be the main cause of the lag in NBA 2K23. The minimal and suggest PC specifications for the game are below.
Minimal Prerequisites for NBA 2K23:
- System of operation: Windows 7
- Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, or 64-bit
- RAM memory: 4 GB
- Processor: AMD FX-4100 at 3.60 GHz or higher or Intel® CoreTM i3-2100 at 3.10 GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 450 1GB/ATI Radeon HD 7770 1 GB or greater for graphics
- The network is Broadband Internet connection DirectX: Version 11
- 110 GB of storage are available.
- Audio Driver: DirectX 9.0x
2. Switch off the router and modem.
You might need to completely power cycle the internet connection and/or router if restarting the machine or game console does not fix the issue. During this process, your network will be refreshing and the system cache on your device will be clear. Reconnect the modem or router’s power cord after unplugging it for no less than 30 seconds.
3. Connect through a wired network.
Internet connections that are erratic or unpredictable sometimes cause lag issues. If you choose a connected connection, which involves joining the machine to the network using a cable called Ethernet, your PC or gaming console should function better. By doing this, signal interference will be reducing, and the internet will operate more reliably than it would with a wireless configuration. Test your internet connection to see if you are getting a sufficient download speed, and if not, take the necessary actions to improve your connection.
4. Install GPU drivers and Windows updates.
Low picture rates in your game may be caused by an inadequate operating system or graphic card drivers in addition to having an effect on overall performance. You must update the software that comes with Windows and graphic card drivers to the most recent version in order to avoid incompatibilities and slow performance with loaded games.
5. Make necessary graphic settings.
Reducing the graphics settings has helped some gamers with the sluggish problems. If the issue still exists after applying all of the aforementioned fixes, it may be worthwhile to give this a shot. This is how you do it:
- Start playing NBA 2K23.
- Click on Features.
- Next, choose Video Settings.
- Disable the Variable vertical sync as well as vertical sync.
- It is best to set the Overall quality to Low.
- If an alert verifying the modifications will appear on the screen, choose Yes.
- After making the adjustments to the visual settings, restart the game to see whether it works as intended.
6. Get rid of background programmes
The more resource-demanding programmes you have operating in your system’s background, the more pressure is placed on your computer, which causes latency. You must end memory-hungry programmes such Discord, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. to fight this. Task Manager may be used to do this.