Fix Fortnite Game Chat Not Working: If you’re not utilizing an external chat application or platform to communicate while playing Fortnite. You’re probably relying on the internal voice chat feature to get some victory royales. Whether they’re conversing with their pals, voice chat is an important feature for most Fortnite players.
They drop together or try to connect with random teammates they’re matched with. And any instances of the voice chat failing to work are exacerbated by this. In this article, we will get to know about how to fix the issues.
How to fix Fortnite Game Chat Not Working
Here’s a list of fixes that have helped other Fortnite players with this issue.
Fix 1: Sign out of Fortnite and then back in.
When Fortnite chat isn’t working, this is the quickest and easiest option to attempt. Simply exit the game and then re-enter it. Restart the game and check to see if the chat is working. If it isn’t, continue to Fix 2 below.
Fix 2: Update your sound card driver
In Fortnite, a missing or outdated sound card driver can also prevent chat from operating.
Updating your graphics driver to the most recent version can improve the performance of your game and prevent various problems and mistakes. Driver Easy can update your drivers for you if you don’t have the time, patience, or ability to do so yourself.
You don’t need to know what operating system your computer runs, and you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the incorrect driver or making a mistake during installation. Everything is under the control of Driver Easy.
Get Driver Easy and install it. Launch Driver Easy and select Scan Now from the menu. Following that, Driver Easy will search your computer for any missing or malfunctioning drivers. To automatically download the correct version of your sound card’s driver, click Update next to it. You can then manually install it. Alternatively, select Update All to automatically download and install the proper version of all missing or out-of-date drivers on your system (this requires the Pro version; you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All, and you’ll get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- Restore Health by Consuming Klomberries Fortnite Challenge
- Dance for Llama at a Vending Machine Fortnite
- Where to Find New Pizza Party Item in Fortnite Chapter 3
- Fortnite Arcane Vi Skin: All You Need to Know
Fix 3: Install the latest Fortnite patch
Fortnite’s creators issue game patches regularly to correct bugs. It’s conceivable that a recent patch has broken your chat and that you’ll need a new patch to fix it.
If you’re using the Epic Games Launcher to play Fortnite, you may check for the newest Fortnite patch by following the steps below:
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher application.
2. Select Library from the left panel. On the right, click the gear button in the lower-right corner of Fortnite.
3. Select Auto-update from the drop-down menu and toggle it on.
4. Launch the Epic Games Launcher again.
5. If a patch is available, the Epic Games Launcher will detect it, and the most recent Fortnite patch will be downloaded and installed immediately when you play the game. Restart Fortnite to see if your chat problem has been resolved. If it hasn’t, or if a new game patch isn’t available, proceed to Fix 4 below.
Fix 4: For Fortnite, make sure your microphone is turned on.
Check to see whether Fortnite has permission to use your microphone if you got it from the Microsoft Store. This is how you do it:
- To launch Windows Settings, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time on your keyboard. After that, select Privacy.
- In the left pane, click Microphone, and make sure that Microphone access for this device is enabled, and that the status for Fortnite is On.
- Restart Fortnite to see if the chat function has been restored. If it doesn’t work, try Fix 5 below.
Fix 5: Check your audio settings
Both Windows and Fortnite have audio options, and they can get a little jumbled up at times. As a result, manually resetting everything to clean out the cobwebs can be beneficial. (Its kind of like how rebooting your computer can sometimes solve problems inexplicably.) Here’s how you can do it:
- Turn off voice chat in Fortnite for the time being.
- In Fortnite, go to the upper-right corner of the screen and click the menu button, then the gear symbol to access the game settings.
- To examine the audio options, click the speaker icon. Then click Apply after turning off Voice Chat.
- Get out of Fortnite.
- Right-click the speaker icon in the bottom-right corner of your desktop, then select Sounds.
- Select the speakers/headphones you’re using and click Set Default on the Playback page.
- Select the microphone you’re using and click Set Default on the Recording tab.
- While you’re still on the Recording tab, try speaking into your microphone to make sure it’s working. If that’s theHow to fixcase, you should see some green in the right-hand bar:
- Select OK.
- Restart Fortnite to enable Voice Chat.
Join a squad to see if the conversation is now operational. If it doesn’t work, try the fix below.
If none of the above solutions work, you can try reinstalling Fortnite. Here’s how you can do it:
1. To begin, launch the Epic Games Launcher. Click Library on the left panel. On the right, click the gear button in the lower-right corner of Fortnite.
2. To uninstall Fortnite, click Uninstall.
3. Reboot your computer.
4. Using the Epic Games Launcher, re-download and install Fortnite.
After you’ve reinstalled Fortnite, play it. Join a squad to see if voice chat has been restored. Hopefully, one of the solutions listed above fixed your voice chat issue.
- Fortnite Hot Mics 2022 ; Complete Details
- Deal Explosive Damage Fortnite Location
- Fortnite Follow the White Rabbit Set
- Green Goblin Glider Skin Fortnite Chapter 3